Data - collectively all information that you submit to NoBarQ Ltd via the Website and/or App. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws; Cookies - a small text file placed on your computer by this Website and/or App when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or App and/or when you use certain features of the Website and/or App. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below ( Cookies); Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46 EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; NoBarQ Ltd, we or us - NoBarQ Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 12688086 whose registered office is at 63-66 Hatton Garden, London, ECIN 8LE ; UK and EU Cookie Law - the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or You - any third party that accesses the Website and/or App and is not either (1) employed by NoBarQ Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to NoBarQ Ltd and accessing the Website and/or App in connection with the provision of such services;
Website - the website that you are currently using, www.nobarq.co.uk , and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
App - the NoBarQ Android or Apple application and any associated services
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, NoBarQ Ltd is the "data controller". This means that NoBarQ Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
7. NoBarQ Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
8. To the extent that you access the Website and/or App, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website and/or App. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.